Sometimes we think it’s bad to be alone. There’s a big difference between alone and lonely. Spending time by ourselves can be a positive thing. It allows us to recharge our batteries. It gives us time to think through complex problems. We get the chance to step away and see things from another perspective.
Here some ways solitude helps me:
- Solitude helps me to understand myself. When we spend time alone, we can work on self-evaluation. Being aware of our own behaviors, desires, and needs will benefit our ability to act appropriately in a variety of situations because we know where we stand.
- Solitude helps me to understand others. Taking time to reflect on ourselves will also help us to understand others. Sometimes when disagreements occur we overreact. When we are able to get away and honestly reflect on the situation, we are more likely to understand others’ views.
- Solitude helps me to be more creative. As a creator, I can say that the majority of my own creative ideas come when I’m alone. Whether it’s when I’m taking a walk or lying in bed, being alone gives my mind time to drift freely. It’s during these times that creativity runs high.
- Solitude helps me to be more productive. It’s a lot easier to get things done when wer’re not being distracted by others. When I really want to get things done at work, I close the door to my office. That cancels out the distractions of those around me and I can excel.
- Solitude helps me to be more at ease. For me, solitude and peace go hand in hand. The majority of conflict in life revolves around our relationships with others. Being alone gives us a break from those tensions. It helps us to be more at ease when we return to a more social environment.
Solitude is good, but that doesn’t mean that we should keep ourselves in isolation. I use short times of being alone to reflect and recharge. Then I’m able to see things more clearly, generate new ideas, and gain a more complete perspective of variety of situations. – dse
- Learn more about creativity
- Get new Anderhill music first
- Get special discounts
- Sign up for the newsletter