You may have noticed that I haven’t been using any stock photos on my new website. If you didn’t read the first post, Restart, you might wonder why? There are two simple reasons.
- I’m done with stock photos. For years, I’ve had a love/hate relationship with stock photos. You can find some real pretty pictures that will work with almost anything you write, kind of. Yet, as pretty as they are, they’re like cardboard cutouts. They all look the same. Plus, they’re somebody else’s photos.
- I’ll spend less time per essay. It’s a simple time-management thing. With shorter posts, less links, and no photos, I can work twice as fast.
In the future, I hope to start using a few of my own photos on occasion. I won’t post a picture with every post. That’s kind of silly when you really think about it. However, as I release new music and new books, I want to design original cover art. I might go back and design some original covers for some of my older works, too.
That’s the story. There will be no photos except my own (or collaborators) on Thoughts, Words & Music. – dse
- Learn more about creativity
- Get new Anderhill music first
- Get special discounts
- Sign up for the newsletter